WHAT WILL YOU DO THIS SEPTEMBER 11TH? The 3rd annual Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service launches on Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 5:30pm with a Thank You Reception for Volunteers and First Responders.
Service projects will begin at 9am on Friday, September 11th. This exciting, collaborative, university-wide initiative is open to ALL Mason students, faculty, and staff. Let’s work together on a range of service projects across Mason’s campus to honor the memory of those who were tragically lost on 9/11.
Get involved today by taking these five simple steps:
- BROWSE THE SERVICE PROJECT DESCRIPTIONS to see what service project most interests you.
- REGISTER ONLINE ASAP: http://911day.onmason.com/registration/
- DONATE AN ITEM TO WOMEN GIVING BACK.
- ATTEND THE THANK YOU RECEPTION FROM 5:30 TO 7:30 P.M. IN DEWBERRY HALL ON THURSDAY, 9/10. Join us as we thank local first responders and participate in a facilitated community discussion entitled “Living in the Ripples: Diverse Perspectives from Mason Nation on 9/11.”
- ON 9/11, GO TO THE JC ROOM E TO CHECK IN AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOU’RE SCHEDULED TO SERVE. This way we can get you a name tag, t-shirt, and bottle of water, and then direct you to your project site!